Register to Vote
Register to Vote in Alameda County - Use their mobile app!
Voter registration forms are available at the Registrar of Voters Office located in the Alameda County Courthouse at 1225 Fallon Street, Room G-1, Oakland, California 94612. Forms are also available at all offices of the Department of Motor Vehicles, all city clerks offices, public libraries and post offices. Persons may also call the Registrar of Voters at 510-267-8683 or the Secretary of State at 1-800-345-VOTE and a registration form will be mailed to you.
You can apply to register to vote right now by filling in the online application on Secretary of State’s website. If you have any questions, visit Frequently Asked Questions, contact the Secretary of State's Elections Division at (800) 345-8683.Qualifications To Register And Vote In California
- A person entitled to register to vote must be:
- A U.S. citizen,
- A resident of California,
- Not in prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony,
- At least 18 years of age on the date of the next election.
(A person may register to vote at age 17 if he or she will be 18 on or before the next election.)
- California law denies the right to vote to persons who have been determined mentally incompetent.
The voter registration deadline is always 15 days before an election. However, please be advised that voters who register after the 29th day before an election may not receive a sample ballot due to the short turn around time for mailing. However voters should receive notice of the location of their polling place in the mail.
Register to Vote in Santa Clara County - Use their mobile app!
- Check your Voter Registration Status.
- Register by 29 days before the election to receive a Sample Ballot & Voter Information Pamphlet. The last day to register is 15 days before the election.
- To change your name or political party, complete you need to re-register to vote.
- To change your address or preferred language, complete a Voter Action Request Form.
- Get more information about Updating your Voter Registration.
- Information on Candidates & Measures
- Voting Instructions
- Vote by Mail Application
- Sample Ballot pages
- Your Assigned Polling Place Location
- View the Online Voter Information Pamphlet